HOW TO ROCK THE SLICKED BACK HAIR STYLE
Much like fashion and time, hairstyles have the tendency to become more fluid these days. From the beehive hairdo to the pigtails to the sharp bob, women's hairstyles are always changing. And this year, we have hairstyles to look forward to. Among the up and coming hairstyles in the industry today, one of the most popular would be the slicked-back look. This low-maintenance yet very dramatic hairstyle has been worn to the red carpet by the likes of Heidi Klum, Lea Michele and Jessica Chastain. It may seem as if this hairstyle is very difficult to pull off but actually, this particular 'do is very easy to achieve. You just need to follow the steps below. Check them out!
But first, there are a few things we need to consider. First is your hair health. A slicked back hairstyle requires your hair to be as sleek as possible. For you to achieve this, you need to make sure your hair is maintained in a good condition. So, make sure you use products that will help you make your hair strong and healthy all the time. While there are many different treatments and products that promise to make your hair healthier and more gorgeous, many people fail to realize that the simplest thing one can ensure his or her hair's health is through the use of a good shampoo and conditioner. They may seem basic, but they are actually very important in maintaining your hair's health.
Shampoos work by removing extra dirt and residue from the hair. It also removes the minerals and materials stuck by in the scalp. Because of this, the cuticles along the hair shaft becomes open, making the hair lose some of its moisture and oil. This is why it's important to use a shampoo that doesn't just clean the hair. It has to strengthen and make your hair softer and healthier, just like DKoye's The Shampoo. It's more than just your regular shampoo. It contains seaweed granules that help demineralize the hair. This results in a softer and shinier hair that is easy to comb it also has algae and kelp extracts that help the hair retain it's moisture and with the help of 10 amino acids found in DKoye's The Shampoo, the hair becomes stronger and healthier. Using such product will help you make that first step towards better hair health. However, while using a good shampoo is important, that does not mean you can go ahead and skip the conditioner.
Conditioners work by sealing the moisture inside the cuticles and along the hair shaft and scalp. It allows the hair to become more manageable and tangle free. However, these days, women needs a conditioner that does more than just sealing the moisture in. it has to take care of the hair and make it stronger. DKoye's The Conditioner is one such product. Its formula makes it an ideal conditioner for delicate and chemically treated hair. Its ingredients will not only bring back your hair's former beauty and luster, but it will also make your hair stronger to help you retain its color. Now that we have established the most important step in making your hair slicked-back ready, let's go ahead and learn how to do the slicked-back hair style.
• You need a blow dryer, a boar bristle brush and a good styling gel. A good styling gel is one that can give you a very strong hold and makes your hair look textured and shiny. Some people use tons of products just to achieve the slicked-back hairstyle. But, there are products out there that can give you the benefits of a mousse, a gel and a hair spray all in one. You can get all that by using DKoye's The Gel. This product is fast drying and can make your hair shine, helping you achieve that wet look. It can also give your hair more definition and life. Just a small amount of this product will help you get that red carpet worthy hair.
• Once you have all the materials, start by drying your hair just a little bit. Another good thing about DKoye's The Gel is that it can be used while your hair is either wet or dry. Convenient, right?
• Next, apply a small amount of The Gel into your palms and spread it evenly in your hair. Make sure every strand will be coated with this product.
• Take that Boar bristle brush and blow dryer. Start blow drying while brushing your hair from the roots of your hair to the back of your head. This helps your hair achieve that look. Do this to all the sides of your hair.
• Once you have successfully brushed your hair back, you can use a fine-toothed comb to straighten your hair at the tips and to adjust the height of your hair by the crown.
• Let the gel set and you're done!
The trick in making this hairstyle work is not just with the height of your hair, but it is how sleek your hair looks. That's why it's important to make sure your hair is free from frizz and it should be very manageable. If you're having problems with this, especially when you've just recently colored your hair in a lighter shade, you can use a hair cream. A good hair cream will help you deal with frizzy and unruly hair, most especially when your hair coloring treatment went wrong and had you struggling with dry hair. DKoye's The Cream is the perfect product for those who wants to keep their frizzy hair in check most of the day. It makes your hair more pliable and manageable, giving you smoother and a more textured hair, perfect for pulling off the slicked back hairstyle. Good thing is that DKoye offers product kits that contain the products mentioned above that will help you pull off the slicked back hair look, regardless whether your hair is dark or light. Check out their website!
Changing your hairstyle shouldn't be stressful. With the right amount of care and the best set of products, your hair could help make you the chameleon that will make you beautiful, whatever trend is popular at the moment.
Images via Pinterest
Share this post